broadband access

Evan Sarmiento wrote:

> I live in Lexington. You have four choices:
> AT&T Broadband
> BellAtlantic DSL
> FreeDSL or RCN
>
> I have RCN cable, I really like it. Didn't want BellAtlantic DSL because I
> didn't want to deal with PPPoE, plus RCN is a better deal. FreeDSL seems
> pretty neat. AT&T = Mediaone which still isn't as much of a good deal as
> RCN.
>
> So, go with RCN :)

Thanks for the info! I currently have ADSL with BellSouth and have had
good luck. But I'm really leaning towards a cable modem because I have
NO idea what the phone wiring is like in my apt (It's on Mass Ave in
downtown Lexington). What's RCN's website? What's their policy on
servers (personal of course - I intend to have a LAN :-)? Do you get a
(semi)static IP?  And most importantly, how much is it?

I'm guessing RCN also provides cable TV? Thanks for the quick reply.