Excellent opportunity for Open Source/Linux Evangelism. M$ will be there, will we?

On October 18th, 7:30am-7 pm The Tech 2000 Expo will take place at Pease
Tradeport in Portsmouth, NH.  This is a different event from the one Dan
York e-mailed us about.
This is hosted by the Chamber of Commerce and The E-Coast Technology
Roundtable.  85 high tech companies are participating with booths and
Keane, Genuity, Bowstreet Software and Newmarket Software are Sponsoring.
Booth participation is limited to high tech companies only. Participation
by companies who sell insurance/real estate/bagels to high tech companies
have been excluded.  Publicity for the event includes a 2 inch color banner
across the front page of the Boston Globe Technology Section and coverage
in New Hampshire Business Week and Mass High Tech.  Here is the opportunity
for us:  The committee will be reviewing speaker topics next week.  Do we
have anyone that would be interested in speaking on open source or Linux at
one of 15 workshops  that will be held throughout the day?.  The workshops
are 45-55 minutes long and will be attended by up to 200 people.  Microsoft
has already signed on however I have not seen the abstract of what they are
speaking on.  I know that it can't be a product advertisement so it isn't
"Why you should buy Windows 2000".  I'm sure that it is exactly what it
will be but they will have their marketing people candy coat it.  Do we
have anyone who would like to take on this challenge?  I need the abstracts
to me by Friday the 25th @ 5:00.

Lori Hitchcock
Hitchcock Staffing 800-867-9188

-