Solaris

>         Anyone know how to configure a gateway under solaris?  After years
> of waiting - I finally have a cable modem.  I should have dns set up
> properly.  I edited nsswitch.conf so that it will lool at dns.  I added a
> resolv.conf file with the mediaone dns servers.  However I haven't figured
> out how configure my gateway yet.

I find that setting such options up at install time is preferable, but
since that's not really an option, this came up yesterday on Linux
Today: http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/solaris/homecable_setup.html .  It
looks like everything you'd be looking for.  Now that I've actually read
your question, you just need to add in the defaultroute with the route
command, and it'll then be saved for the next reboot as well.

Brian J. Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Then I'm the cock of the walk!!