Shutting down unnecessary services

I'm making an effort to mimimize wha's running on one of my systems, and
after shutting off inetd, I've gotten things pretty tight.

One of thefew remaining processes is portmap. I know this is used for the
"r" commands (rlogin, rcp, etc), but since I've shut these off, is there
any reason to keep running portmap? I'm running ssh2 for remote access.

Email: jabr at blu.org / URL: http://www.blu.org
ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj