Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:29:05 -0700
From: franks at ecrix.com
To: jabr at blu.org
Subject: John, something for your LUG.

Hello John,

Are you still the contact person or coordinator for the
Boston Linux and Unix User Group?

If yes, I'd like to tell you about a special program to
give your LUG a free tape drive, and, for your LUG members,
a great deal on a high-performance/high-value tape drive for
data storage and backup.

Please read on, or just go to: http://www.vxa.com/LUG/

THE DETAILS:
I work for Ecrix, the manufacturer of the VXA tape drive.
We are very active with Linux users, and we have partnerships
with companies like Penguin Computing,  VA Linux, Cobalt,
EST/BRU, and Knox/Arkeia.

I have recently been on a speaking tour, talking to LUGs all
over the country about backup and storage technology. At all
the LUGs that I visited, people asked: "Can you give a special
deal to our LUG members?"

So I came back here and convinced my marketing team that
we ought to create a special deal, not just for the LUGs
that we had visited, but for LUGs everywhere!

Here is what we came up with:

1. We're offering VXA tape drives to your LUG members at a
   discount of $490 or more, or about 50% off list price, and,
   what's more, with a completely free 30-day trial period.
2. If your LUG members buy five or more of our tape drives,
   your LUG gets one more drive completley free, to put on
   your server or use as you choose.

GET ALL THE DETAILS:
To get everything that you need to take advantage of the VXA/LUG
Special, just go to this URL, and register in the program:

http://www.vxa.com/LUG/

By registering, you'll get a special URL that you can send to
your LUG members or post on your website, and get credit for
your referrals.

ABOUT VXA TAPE DRIVES:
* 97% of Linux users surveyed said they would recommend it
  to others (http://www.vxa.com/vxadata/ispsurvey.html).
* 33 GB, 3MBps, with hardware compression and ECC.
* Patented packet technology for super reliability.
* Three times the price:performance of legacy (i.e. old,
  outdated, and clunky) tape drives like DDS or DLT.
* The first tape drive to receive EST's Linux Tape Cert.
* Totally plug-and-play with the SCSI driver in Linux.
* The only drive that has a Linux utility for changing
  the configurable hardware options on the drive.
* Compatible with all major backup applications (VERITAS, CA,
  and others) under all major operating systems (Windows, Unix,
  Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, Novell) -- not just for Linux.
* Available in internal and external models, with SCSI-2/SE
  or Ultra2 SCSI/LVD.
* For more info, visit http://www.vxa.com -- or check us out
  on Linux.org. We provide all of their tape backup!

So, I hope that you can take advantage of this offer! I'm only
sending one email to your group: If you're not the right
person to handle this, please forward it on. If you have any
questions, you can contact me anytime.

Frank Saab + franks at ecrix.com
Internet Business Manager + Ecrix Corporation
5525 Central Avenue + Boulder, Colorado 80301 + USA
tel: 303/245.7275 + fax: 303/402.9266

PS: Any tape drive try-and-buys that you refer to this program will
count towards the free drive for your LUG. It's not limited to your
LUG members.

-