SuSE gcc blows up

I've never had that failure with SuSE. I have 6.4, and I just built the
synaptics Touch pad utility yesterday with no problem. Never had a
problem building kernel or modules. I would reload the compiler from the
CD. If you send me a pointer to a small downloaded app, I can check it.

On 10 Jul 2000, at 14:23, richb at pioneer.ci.net wrote:

> When I try to compile most downloaded software with the SuSE 6.4
> config, I get the following:
>
>   gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>
> This is the compiler version number:
>
>   richb at envoy > gcc -v
>   Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/specs
>   gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
>
> Should I switch to a different gcc version?  If so, which?  Or did I
> break something (somehow) in the stock distro?
>
> -rich
> P.S.  Microcenter (Cambridge) was sold out of all of its low-end systems
> except a pair of Compaq P600's.  I've never seen the place so ransacked
> as it was Saturday.  Evidence of impending business failure?  Or is there
> some major PC supply shortage in the industry?
> -

Jerry Feldman
Contractor, eInfrastructure Partner Engineering
508-467-4315 http://www.testdrive.compaq.com/linux/

Compaq Computer Corp.
200 Forest Street MRO1-3/F1
Marlboro, Ma. 01752