Add hardware later?

-----Original Message-----
From:	Ron Peterson [SMTP:rpeterson at yellowbank.com]
Sent:	Monday, July 10, 2000 9:39 AM
To:	David Kramer
Cc:	discuss at Blu.Org
Subject:	Re: Add hardware later?

[snip]

Here's my question: how do you know what IRQ and interupt to
specify for
your card?  The Net3-4 HOWTO tells me that my card's
manufacturer
probably sent me a DOS disk that lets me configure my card.  I
don't
have that.  The card I have is a good old 3COM 509.  3COM's site
has no
configuration utilities for the card that I could find either.

The 3C509 came in both ISA "Plug 'n Pray" and non PNP models; in
either case, the 3C5X9CFG.EXE file on 3Com's website will set
the units where you want them.

If you have the "Combo" model, with both BNC and RJ-45
connectors, be sure to option the correct interface.

HTH.

Bill

-