NICS, HUBS and switches.

Thanks for the replies. To sum up, I think a low cost switch is probably a better investment even with a small Lan. Saves me the cost of a 100BT NIC ($20) and the time and effort (5 mins) of upgrading one system that really does not need the higher speed., and allows me to backup my wife's system at the higher speed.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

-