Socializing

This is somewhat off-topic, but I thought the feedback could be
interesting, so I am going to ask!

I am heading towards 30, and am single.  I have been involved with
computers since elementary school.  The more I get involved in System
Administration (techie) stuff, the greater my appreciation for the art.
I also fall into the catagory of relatively shy people who tend to
naturally open up more around a group of people with similar interests.
I guess I could somewhat put Sys Admins into the same catagory as law
enforcement.  Nobody else really appreciates the work done nor the job
itself other than people who are also doing the same thing.

Usenix/LISA'99 (my first Usenix event) was really a great time.  It was a
group I could really relate to and had a blast!

Which leads me to the question - what social groups can someone like me
(and possibly some of you on this list) attend on a regular basis to meet
similar-minded, similar-personality type people who are about my age?
Usenix was a great start.  I wish it occured often enough (but more
locally and more cost-effectively) for a better chance for me to mingle
with similar minds.

I'm in the Boston area, and expect to be here for a few more years.  I
also have a car.

Thanks for any feedback.

Scott

-