Buttery Birthday Party coming Real Soon Now

The Buttery Birthday Party is rapidly approaching, and I realized that I
never sent out a party announcement! So, here goes...

                           Buttery Birthday Party

Once again, the end of June approaches, and that means another edition of
the annual Buttery Birthday Party.

For those of you who don't know what this means, we'll be having a big party
starting early in the afternoon (1 PM or thereabouts) of the last Saturday
of June (that's June 24, 2000 this year), and ending at midnight or so.
Exact ending time is when all the residents are totally exhausted, or we run
out of food and drink, whichever comes first. (Hint: bring food and drink.)

We'll have the usual collection of unusual people. Things that usually
happen include games, music, and general merriment. The back terrain (we
can't really in good conscience call it a yard) is once again house-free, so
challenging croquet can once again be played there. We provide some food,
soft drinks, and beer, but we encourage guests to bring more of all of the
above. (In general, our guests will sneer at Budweiser, dring good
microbrews happily, and give special warm thanks to homebrewers; plan
accordingly.) Don't bring hard liquor unless you plan to take any remains
home with you; our collection is already large enough.

Bring yourselves, your friends, your families, your children, games, musical
instruments, food and drink, and anything else that will help make you and
our other guests happy (and not make anyone unhappy). The Buttery is a
non-smoking house, and the porch is usually pretty densely populated during
the party, so the nicotine-addicted among you will have to wander out to the
sidewalk or yard. We have no pets, and would prefer that you leave yours at
home. Seeing-eye and other assistive animals are welcome, of course.

Don't know how to get to The Buttery? Get the directions at
http://www.buttery.org/directions/

Mark J. Dulcey               mark at buttery.org
Visit my house's home page:  http://www.buttery.org/
Visit my home page:          http://www.buttery.org/mark/