router/hub/dhcp client units for cablemodem

I looked up a coulple just now. About a year or so ago, we had a security
talk, and at least one person in the group had a Sonicwall. It is probably
better to have a dedicated firewall between your home systems and the
cable modem. The advantage of the applicance firewalls are in their ease
of management. You can also get the software and use a low cost PC as
a dedicated firewall.

http://www.gnatbox.com/
http://www.watchguard.com/
http://sonicwall.com/