WordPerfect OS2000 Installation

Well, there is the obvious: run ldd on it and see what does not link?

It would be highly unlikely that libc6 (glibc 2) is not actually available
on your system.  However, there are a lot of possible reasons it might be
inaccessible, especially when you cross a distribution.  Remember that
Corel Linux is a Debian-flavor system, not a Red Hat-flavor system.

First, a Debian system will have certain symlinks defined differently from
a Red Hat system.  For example, on a Debian 2.2 system, the library is
canonically "/lib/libc-2.1.3.so" (following the glibc version numbers) and
there is a symlink to it named "/lib/libc.so.6" which is what your
programs should be linked against by default.  Similarly, on a Debian 2.2
system, the dynamic linker itself is "/lib/ld-2.1.3.so" but is symlinked
as "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" which is the standard name for linking programs.

Second, if you know the name of the library, you can force it to load
manually ahead of the binary if necessary, using an environment setting
something like "export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libc-2.1.3.so" or whatever the
correct name happens to be.  If this is the approach that solves your
problem, then you would need to write a simple shell script which
configures the environment beforfe loading your binary.  It is frequently
necessary to do this in order to get commercial Linux software to work,
and it was a fair amount of detective work of this kind before I was able
to get Applixware to run on Debian because it was designed for Red Hat.

The man page for "ld.so" should explain the various things you can do in
this regard, such as changing the search order of directories when looking
for shared object ("so") libraries, and the man page for "ldconfig" should
explain the interrelationships among the "/etc/ld.so.conf" and
"/etc/ld.so.cache" files where things can go wrong or out of date.

My guess is that your problem can be fixed with a symlink.  For example,
if "ldd" reports that your binary is loooking for, say, "libc.so.6.4" and
there is no such symlink on your system, you could create a symlink
"/usr/local/lib/libc.so.6.4" pointing to "/lib/libc.so.6" and rerun
"ldconfig" to make sure the change takes effect.

-- Mike

-