install problems

Dan,

I had a similar problem when I tried to install 6.1 on a friend's
laptop. Seems the problem was with a 'supported mouse pad' (scratchpad)
that the install didn't recognize so I installed 6.0 then did an upgrade
to 6.1 - that worked ok. I think that problem was 6.1 tries to install
i/o drivers at the start of the install while 6.0 installed them at the
end. Between the two methods I got a 'happy dual boot system' that
loaded into Linux.

Kevin

-