Info on local resources for Linux (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 26 May 2000 06:03:27 -0700
From: rhubbard at worldspy.net
To: jabr at blu.org
Subject: Info on local resources for Linux

I work for Zoom Telephonics in Boston in the technical support department.
I am still a relative beginner with Linux. I have been given the
responsibility of testing, documentating and training technical support
personnnel with installing and configuring all our modem products with
Linux. I have been asked by management to see if there is way to get at
least one of our plug and play isa modems working with Linux. According to
the latest plug and play Howto it looks like it could be a major
undertaking. Are there any groups in the Boston area I could meet with to
see if anyone give me some ideas about implementing plug and play modems
with the current kernal. I must warn you I am not a programmer or know how
to write device drivers. I have no problem getting isa or external modems
working. Plug and play with Linux is completely new to me.

-