Plea for help: The detriment of using Microsoft products

One thing I have found with C, is that at first, get the
program running, use simple statements and lots o indenting,

Then once it's running, start modifying it to run faster, by
trying place multiple operations and using other shortcuts
which run quicker, make for less code, but make it down right
obnoxious to debug.

George

-