(No Subject)

"bloob boober boob" <pixolator at angelfire.com> asked:
>  Does anyone know about the error message 'is the postmaster
> listening to port#...'  concerning postgreSQL? I keep running into
> this error message, am I configuring something wrong?  Thanx for any
> help Bill!

PostgreSQL is a client-server database.  Presumably you are getting
this message from one of the front end apps like psql or pgaccess.
They are telling you that they are not able to connect to port 5432 on
the database server machine.

Have you launched postmaster, the postgres server?

ccb

--
Charles C. Bennett, Jr.			VA Linux Systems
Systems Engineer,			25 Burlington Mall Rd., Suite 300

-