shells and bells

Your preference. I have been using Unix for 20 years, and I prefer to use
bash and ksh because they are derivatives of the original Bourne shell,
but incorporate most if not all of what the Berkeley c shell added. Some
installations have standardized on CSH others on KSH or Bash. Bash is
the default shell for Linux, SH is the default shell for Unix. If you write
scripts for a vanilla sh, you can be reasonably certain that it will work on
virtually all Unix and Linux systems.

On 3 May 2000, at 15:17, Tewksbury, Chuck wrote:

> couple more newbie questions
>
> 1- should I use 'bash' or 'csh'?  A computer wiz friend once recommended
> csh.... not sure i notice the difference or what commands are available
> in csh that arent in bash
>
> 2- what front end tools come with the RH distribution to hook into the
> SQL database that comes with it?
> ________________________________
> Chuck Tewksbury
> Director of MIS