last on X for now

You need to look in the monitor specs for interlaced and non-interlaced
modes.

Just a couple of war stories:
WS1:Years ago a client of mine had an Osborne with an external monitor
which used to quiver and quake. Took aluminum foil and shielded it, and
that worked.

WS2: An engineer I used to work with at Digital used to have a modem
that would occasionally drop the connection. We traced it to a
refrigerator in an adjacent room. If he brought the system upstairs it was
fine. Even when it was downstairs and plugged into a different circuit he
had the problem.

On 3 May 2000, at 11:20, Tewksbury, Chuck wrote:

> 4- text mode and 1024x768 mode in X still quiver

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org