quick apache question

If you are expecting access from the internet, then I
believe that you also need a DNS entry to finish this
off...I could definitely be mistaken, however,
especially if it works with ServerAlias.

(I am using DNS to do this, not ServerAlias)

from foo.com database file:

www       IN   A  web.server.ip.address
foo.com.  IN   A  web.server.ip.address

-tim

Quoting Phil Buckley <phil at 1918.com>:

> Never Mind - after RTFM for the second time, I finally
stumbled accross it
> - ServerAlias (duh).
>
> Phil
>

> On 4/27/00 at 10:33 AM Phil Buckley wrote:
>
> >If I would like to have a domain resolve if the user
types in either
> "www.foo.com" of just "foo.com" do I add a second
entry to the .conf file
> or I can I just add it to the virtual hosts NameServer
Line like this:

> >Current => ServerName www.foo.com
> >My Idea?? => ServerName www.foo.com foo.com
> >
> >OR is all of that stupid because all I need there is
foo.com in the first
> place???
> >
> >Phil
> >
> >-
> >Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail
with
> >"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" on the first
line of the
> >message body to discuss-request at blu.org (Subject line
is ignored).