apache with cgi

Did u have the following header line as the 1st print statement in the
perl cgi script?

print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";

This is necessary for the Webserver to identify what the output of the
script will have.

-
Thanks
Oommen

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Brad Noyes wrote:

<maitre>Hello,
<maitre>I was asked by a high power to create an interactive web site for
<maitre>our computer lab. Unfortuanlly have zero web experience. I was able
<maitre>to as far as trying to execute a perl cgi script. When i click
<maitre>submit i get an error: Method not allowed, reqest post is not allowed
<maitre>for URL. I looked on the net and i get the impression that, you need
<maitre>to have a cgi dirctory in the access.conf file (oh yeah, and i'm
<maitre>sure that the permissions on the cgi-script are executable). Can
<maitre>any one confirm this?
<maitre>
<maitre>I then tried to put the scripts in the directory that was suppose
<maitre>to be for cgi scripts, and i get an Internal Server Error. I did
<maitre>check permissions on this directory. I'm not convinced that this
<maitre>cgi directory that i put the scripts in is the right directory.
<maitre>
<maitre>Suggestions on how to fix these errors?
<maitre>Thanks,
<maitre>--Brad
<maitre>-
<maitre>Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with
<maitre>"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" on the first line of the
<maitre>message body to discuss-request at blu.org (Subject line is ignored).
<maitre>

-