gnu compiler questions

> Which leads to my question.  Are the GNU compiler tools reliable on AIX and
> Solaris(sparc), or should I expect to have to use the vendors compilers for
> each platform?  Obviously I'd prefer to be able to use egcs on all the
> platforms as it will make building easier, but is that feasible?

I've been using GNU tools exclusively on Sun platforms (SunOS and Solaris 2)
for over 10 years, and they work!

There's a site that has the GNU tools pre-built and ready for installation
on Solaris systems - check out

		http://smc.vnet.net/solaris_2.6.html

It's especially useful if you haven't bought the compiler from Sun - you
can get gcc up and running.

-