Linux DBMS

Once you say DBMS you say resource hog, versus using
simpler methods.  But there are reasons for using DBMSes anyway,
just don't expect them to be light applications.

Oracle is great on Linux, but in the commercial environment,
expect to have deep pockets and a support staff.  Tuning it
is non-trivial.  More memory, better I/O and more processor
is the main tuning.

MySQL is not a bad SQL system for a lower budget and lower
performance, as is Postgress, and several others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, there is no free lunch in this
part of the business. ... Let us all know if you find one ;)

... PS ... simpler methods noted above, take more programming.
Typically using direct access files, keeping indexes of where
you stash your data.  All the kinds of things a DBMS does for
you, but it is tuned to YOUR application and not for general
purpose use.  Again.. no free lunch.

-