Help installing RH Linux 6.1 on laptop...

In general, you can prevent device drivers from probing specific addresses
by specifying "reserve=iobase,extent[,iobase,extent]..." as a boot
argument to the kernel.  To disable a PS/2 mouse, try:

	reserve=0x23c,4

This is really unusual, however.  I've never seen a PS/2 mouse lock up the
system.  What makes you think this is the culprit?

-- Mike

Bilow Computer Science, Inc. | http://www.bilow.com/ | Michael S. Bilow
Cranston, RI 02920-5554, USA | mike at bilow.com        | President