Video of BLU events available online?

John Abreau wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm curious if there exists any downloadable video
> > of previous BLU events?
> >

> Not at this point. I've got a VHS tape of our May 1995 meeting that
> I plan to convert eventually, once I find time to install and play with
> a WinTV card and video4linux. I also have part of our last meeting on a
> miniDV tape; unfortunately the batteries died in the camcorder during the
> meeting, and I hadn't brought along the power cord; it could be anything
> from three to fifty minutes long. I haven't had a chance yet to look at it.
>
> I've asked a couple times on our mailing list for volunteers to record
> the meetings. So far nobody has expressed interest in doing this.

OK, I will look into the set of software/hardware tools needed
to do this.  If I can swing it, I'll tape the next meeting,
and convert it to video, for general downloads.  Let you
know more soon...

Any preferences on video formats?  I'd like to get some
feedback so I can get the necessary tools.

-Kevin
-