Help installing RH Linux 6.1 on laptop...

I found another clue on the SuSE mailing list. The SuSE 6.2 installer
does not boot on the Athlon (SuSE 6.3 does). You might check the Red
Hat site for Athlon problems.

On 23 Mar 00, at 11:07, Kevin M. Gleason wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am writing this for Nancy who is trying to install Linux 6.1 Red Hat
> on a laptop with no luck.
>
> Hardware:
> Mag Portable Verity VLT Series
> Intel MMX Technology
> Authentic AMD AMD-K6 3D Processor
> 32M Ram
> 3G Hard Disk (IDE)
> Built-in CDROM and floppy
> Trident 9660 Linear Accelerator for PCI
>
> We fdisk'd her hard drive and wiped the dos partition then rebooted with
> Linux boot disk and CDROM.
> Computer hangs now at the welcome screen.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org