config.sys menu

> I've got a friend asking me to install Linux on his laptop.  He wants it dual
> boot, but doesn't like the idea of a bootloader.

I once new a man who refused to use microwaves because he "didn't like what
they did to the food."  To which I replied, "what, cook it?".

This strikes me as being in the same category.  Your friend will lose
*nothing* by using a bootloader.  All he's doing he demonstrating an odd
case of technophobia.

> So I figure I'll use loadlin
> with an old dos autoexec.bat/config.sys menu.  Problem is I can't remember how
> to make one anyone know how?

But if you insist on pursuing this course of action...

You shouldn't have to mess with config.sys at all -- it's got nothing to do
with scripting, and you're not installing any device drivers or fiddling
with configurations (that is, unless loadlin has some odd requiresments of
which I'm not aware).

For a re-introduction to DOS batch files, check out:

  http://www.maem.umr.edu/~batch/batchtoc.htm

Which ought to have enough to get you going.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at larsshack.org> --> http://www.larsshack.org/

-