More info on Install Problems

FYI;

    When doing my orignal dual boot system I had set up the SCSI drive
for the boot and swap partitions, leaving the rest to NT. I had also
tried various partitions such that some or all of one OS was on one
drive or the other (1G SCSI and 6G IDE), breaking up partitions in
various places but always trying to set my root to the lower portion of
the drive. Now I hear the NT may have issues with where it is located
since my DOS doesn't have any problems running.
    Any suggestions on how to configure a dual LINUX/NT install so the
essential files are all on the early cylinders???? I lean towards
setting up the main OS files on the SCSI with the applications and data
files for both systems located on the IDE drive. My l;ast resort will be
Partition magic if I can first determine that there are not specific
issues with the hardware itself that is causing my problems (see notes
on this morning's Mandrake install).

As always, thanks very much for your time and input!

-