Anything but Intel

Cyrix used to have some cache invalidity problems with the 6x86.  There
was an unofficial "device driver" for OS/2 which escaped from the lab
which, upon close inspection, just pulsed the cache flush signal to keep
things running stably!  This approach was tried with success, if one could
call it that, in Linux.  However, Cyrix have greatly cleaned up their act.

-- Mike

-