Linux/Unix Acronyms...Answered by self!!!

Why does Emacs go into lisp interactive by default and is there a special
significance to the slash as an end of line character? I would assume that
within lisp the slash represents the eol symbol if the language was in
existence back in the 50's...but I could be wrong.( I survived JCL when slashes
were used to signal the start and the end of data statements.)

Kevin

-