servlets), which aren't listed on the site. To apply, follow the directions
at the web site (link above), or call or email me:

Scott Stirling (617) 761-2248
sstirling at allaire.com
sstirling at mediaone.net

The salary ranges are dependent on experience, but I would say name your
price and negotiate from there.  Every new hire gets stock options.

Other benefits include money for books and education, full medical, full
dental, 401k, life insurance, disabillity, child care, and casual dress in a
challenging work atmosphere working wiith cutting edge technology.

Right now Allaire is in Cambridge, a couple hundred yards from the Alewife
'T' station (red line), and there's plenty of on-site parking for commuters.
In late summer we'll be moving to a brand new facility in Newton, which is a
literal stone's throw from the Riverside 'T' station (green line).

Flexible job arrangements are a possilbity.  We have some employees in tech
support and engineering working form home in other states.

Allaire products. This includes the ColdFusion family of products, HomeSite
and other Allaire web development tools. Respond to all incoming
issues/feedback and filter out bugs and enhancements that come in through
the various electronic avenues from beta testers. Facilitate the feedback
between beta test community and development staff. Internally build new
regression tests and enhance existing regression tests to test product
functionality. Use Allaire beta software in "real-world" situations such as
creating sample/example applications for distribution with the product
and/or building internal tools that assist Allaire employees in doing their
jobs (e.g. bug-tracking system, search tools, etc.).

concurrently. Organization and great attention to detail necessary. A high
level of customer service, verbal and written communication skills, and the
ability to communicate problems and issues to both external and internal
customers. Should be proficient in Windows NT, 95 & 98, with 2 - 3 years
solid UNIX experience. Familiarity with HTML, SQL and relational databases
requested. Experience with Web Development Tools (including Cold Fusion)
and/or Client/Server RAD tools like Visual Basic or PowerBuilder desired.

frameworks for creating E-commerce applications. You will help define and
design the framework, as well as participate in the implementation of the
framework. Write requirements, functional specifications, and technical
specifications, alone or in collaboration with others. Code server-side
modules of the application, typically in Java, ColdFusion, or C++.

on Web-specific projects using ColdFusion(including database design). 2+
Years of experience development building web commerce applications. 3+ years
of development experience in systems programming (C++, Java). 3-5 years of
experience with commerce systems like Open Market, Cybercash, iCat, or
similar products. Familiarity with HTML. Experience with Windows NT and/or
Unix.

functional testing for web clustering technologies on NT, Solaris and Linux
OS's with a concentration on the UNIX OS's. Running existing test matrices.
Creating and executing test plans. Working effectively with the current team
test engineers. Working closely with development to find and resolve
software defects prior to customer ship.

Ability to work effectively as a team member. Flexible and able to balance
multiple projects concurrently. Organized and great attention to detail.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
communicate problems and issues to both external and internal customers at
varying levels of technical aptitude. Strong technical skills required,
specifically: solid understanding of NT; solid understanding of Solaris
and/or Linux; strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Web servers, network
administration, diagnostic tools, firewalls, proxies, and Web-based
technology. A solid Networking background is very important. Experience in
software problem isolation, analysis, and resolution techniques applicable
to operating systems (UNIX and NT), internet, TCP/IP, and LAN/WAN
environments is required. Experience of Web Server clustering technology and
web site availability considerations desirable. Solid understanding of
testing methodologies. Experience with automation tools preferred but not
essential. Will consider Engineers with at least 2 years experience as a
Support Engineer, Web Site or Network Administrator. BSCS or equivalent
with, 5+ years test engineering experience. Experience with either UNIX or
NT also desirable.

-