Diskette hole maker

I have a little experiment for you all to try. Hold a HD disk up to the light, slide open the
metal disk protector and look at the light through the disk.  You can see the light as though you
were looking through dark sunglasses.  Try it now with a 720k disk.  You can see little or
nothing.  The reason is that the magnetic coating on the DD disks is much thicker than on the HD
disks.  It may be counterintuitive, but the thicker coating can not hold data at as high a
density as the thin coating.  My experience has been that there are many errors when formatting
DD as HD.

Karl

-