Diskette hole maker

John Abreau wrote:
> I've heard lots of horror stories about those. Seems that single-sided
> floppies are made from materials that failed to pass inspection for
> double-sided use. I'd say punching that hole is asking for your data > to become corrupted.

	Oh, definetely.  I used to do this back when I used
DOS & Windows 3.1...  and it worked most of the time (95%).
The 720K disks were just "Single Density" but they were still
double-sided.  It seems like most of them had a "high enough"
density to utilize them as "High Density" disks.
	However, the failure rate of the "converted" disks
was much higher than  the failure rate of actual
High Density (1.44M) disks.
	It was a good quick way to get a 1.44M disk out
of a 720K disk when you needed one.

	On the other hand, I haven't seen a 720K disk in a
loooong time... i don't even know if they still make them.

--
Pedro.

-