Proposed Linux server

Hi All,

I am cobbling together a home network and I want to use Linux as the
Gateway/Firewall etc and as the mail server for the users on the network.

I scrounged an old Gateway P5-60 with a 700 MB disk and 8MB Ram.

I have installed RedHat 5.0 on it (because I happened to have a CD for this
version). It seems to work OK but I still need to set up users etc. Am
having some problems getting X-Win to work the way I expect it should but
let me struggle with it a little longer before I holler for help! <G>

What I wanted to ask now is whether anyone would like to comment on the
suitability of this box to act as what I said above, namely a
gateway/firewall to the Internet (probably via MediaOne Cable modem) and as
mail server for about 10 users.

Questions I have is whether there is enough RAM and/or disk to do what I
want. It looks like with the fairly minimal install (X but no development
stuff) I have about 100-200 MB left. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

Regards

Henry
-