Ouch! replaced unix.h

Ah, my mistake.  Checking other linux machines I have access to, I see
that you are correct.  None seem to have /usr/include/unix.h . The
mistake I thought I made was overwriting this file with the unix.h from
another source tree (for mod_php apache module). I think the actual
mistake is that it should not be there at all.

Removing /usr/include/unix.h seems to have solved my problem. I guess that
the unix.h there was masking some other unix.h later on in the search
path?

In any case, thank you for your help ! :) Sorry to waste bandwidth here.

-Noah

-