Andrew File System

There is also an FAQ for Linux-AFS, a port of AFS to Linux:
	http://www.umlug.umd.edu/linuxafs/linuxafs.html

This was a port of AFS 3.3a to Linux 1.2 and 2.0.  Transarc
(the makers of AFS) have also released a port of AFS 3.5 to
Linux 2.2.  Neither of these ports include server support,
only client support.  Also, you must already be an AFS licensee
to use it.  Unfortunately AFS is only distributed in binary
form.

There is also a project called ARLA, out of KTH.SE, which is
a public-domain AFS replacement.  I believe that this, too,
is only a client.  However, the sources to ARLA are available.

AFS is really only useful if you already are running AFS,
or you plan to run AFS.  Another alternative is CODA (see
www.coda.cs.cmu.edu), which is based on AFS version 2.  It
also provides security and encryption of network filesets
(although it doesn't use Kerberos directly, it has it's own
security methods which can be tied into a Kerberos system).

I hope this helps.

-derek

-