Last night's meeting.

John Abreau wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
> > user. Let's start a discussion about having a Linux tech group with its
> > own meetings and agenda. For this to be successful, we would need to have
> > a leader for it. Another issue is where and when to meet.
>
> I think it would make more sense to make the new group the less technical
> one, rather than changing the existing group's focus and creating a new
> group to do what the existing group has been doing.
I think you are saying pretty much the same thing. One group with a
technical orientation and one group with a more general audience focus.
Another possibility is to have some smaller seminar-type sessions, or maybe
some mini-installfests. As Linux (and Unix) popularity grows, we should be
able to accommodate both spectrums. Why not continue to have our same focus,
but in addition to our regular monthly, have smaller more narrowly focused
meetings. One main problem with doing more with any group like this is to
get new volunteers to take responsibility for the additional features.
--
Jerry Feldman (HP On-Site Consultant) http://gbrweb.msd.ray.com/~gzf/