Blake Parker
Associate Director
Boston Linux & UNIX
mailto:bfp at blu.org
http://www.blu.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Feldman [mailto:gaf at blu.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 11:10 AM
To: discuss at Blu.Org
Subject: Last night's meeting.

I personally found last night's meeting to be excellent, even with the
problem with the overhead projector. A few attendees would have preferred
a more technical presentation. One suggestion was to have 2 meetings a
month, one being a more technical, less formal meeting, and the other one
being the normal BLU meeting. Several user groups in the old Boston
Computer Society used to have this type of format. While the Linux
community tends to be more technical in general, as Linux grows in
popularity, LUGs will need to start focusing on the newer, less technical
user. Let's start a discussion about having a Linux tech group with its
own meetings and agenda. For this to be successful, we would need to have
a leader for it. Another issue is where and when to meet.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix
http://www.blu.org