6.1 and Samba (beaten again by new technologies)

After months of trying to get Samba working, I did get it going earlier
today under Red Hat version 6.0. So I decided to do an upgrade to 6.1
(hoping that an UPGRADE would not clobber my previous settings). Oh
well, wishful thinking. Now I'm stuck with the older version which I
know works OK with Samba and the newer version which will be supported
longer by RH. SWAT no longer works with 6.1 and smb files are missing...

Anyone have any ideas how I can overcome my dilemma?

Kevin

-