Home pages for regular users

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Jerry Feldman {75562} wrote:

> Normally the Apache configuration files are in /etc/httpd/conf
> The UserDir directive is normally in srm.conf and the  default setting is
> normally to the ~/public_html directory.

   I'm sure someone would have caught it, so I'll say it first.  Around
1.3.5(?) Apache moved all of the configs to httpd.conf, and the other
files are just empty placeholders now.

  Another way to do this is to actually create dirs under DocumentRoot
that are owned by the users.  This is the easiest way, and it keeps all of
the web content in the same directory tree.  I'm sure, however, that this
is considered a "Bad Thing" for one reason or another.

Matthew J. Brodeur, mbrodeur at NextTime.com
Hostmaster, Webmaster for NextTime.com, NextTime.org
http://www.NextTime.com

-