X configuration for IBM PC

> Try using the XF86Setup or xf86config programs located in /usr/bin/X11.
> These are supplied with the X11 release. You should be able to use the SVGA
> server.

Actually, I might suggest the S3 server, as it tends to be a little more
optimized for the chipset, and should be installed assuming you ran an X
configuration program during install.  As I recall, earlier versions of
X actually wouldn't run using the SVGA server on one of the S3 chipsets
(depending on the actual card, of course).  Either of those utilities
should work fine, of course, or you could edit /etc/X11/XF86Config for
the video ram option under your card.  Just my $0.02.

Brian Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net

You wouldn't buy a car that would break down every morning on your way
to work.  Why would you use an operating system that does the same?
                -- Anonymous Coward
-