which ink-jet printers is Ghostscript compatible with?

My wife and I recently installed RedHat 5.2 on our systems, and now
we're looking for a new ink-jet printer.  The Ghostscript
documentation has a list of printers that it's compatible with;
unfortunately, since the manufacturers change their model numbers
every six months, most of the ink-jet printers on the list are no
longer on the shelves.

One of the items on the list is "Epson Stylus Color", with no model
number -- will a Stylus Color 440 work with this driver?

According to the specs on Epson's Web page, the printer language used
is "Epson ESC/P Raster".  Epson's tech-support Web page lists several
other "Stylus Color" printers that are no longer being sold.

(I suppose the ideal way to test this -- and many other
hardware-compatibility issues -- would be to make a
Linux-on-one-floppy distribution containing Ghostscript, take the
floppy down to the computer store, plug a floor model into some random
PC, reboot the PC from the floppy, and print out a test page.  I could
do all of that ... except for the first step.  :-)

If nobody knows the answer to that question ... does anyone know where
I can get a decent refurbished HP DeskJet 500C, 550C, or 560C?

--
perl -le"for(@w=(q[dm='r 0rJaa,u0cksthe';dc=967150;dz=~s/d/substrdm,\
(di+=dc%2?4:1)%=16,1ordi-2?'no':'Perl h'/e whiledc>>=1;printdz]))\

-