Netscape problems (fwd)

	But I will say this:  if you experiment with your fonts long enough, you
	should be able to find something that looks o.k. on your linux machine.
	If you are having real trouble reading your web pages, you can try setting
	your fonts to Helvetica 18 pt. or even 24 pt. (for the variable font) and
	courier 18 or 24 for the fixed width.  Some pages will disregard your
	settings, since the font face and size is specified, but you should be
	able to override that by selecting "use my default fonts, overriding
	document-specified fonts."

This is something I've done routinely, but so far  I've  never  found
any  version  of  Netscape  on any machine that honors it.  I've also
found that setting the font size to 18 or 24 points  doesn't  usually
affect those tiny fonts at all; it only seems to affect text in which
the page doesn't set the font size.  But if the page  sets  the  font
size,  then  Netscape  always  honors the page's font size, no matter
what I do with my settings.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?  Is there some way to tell  Netscape
"I  mean it?  Is there some other setting somewhere that I don't know
about, that overrides the "use my fonts" setting?  It seems that this
setting is a total no-op. Maybe it's a placeholder for something that
they just haven't gotten around to implementing yet?

There are some pages that I'd like to be able to read ...

-