Help with Linux!

Hi,

I am a complete ab initio Linux user and I was hoping someone here would help me out a bit. When I was installing my RedHat 6.0, the program did not recognise my 3Com Ethernet card and I did not know the relevant I/O and IRQ. Now I do, but I can't find the place where I can enter this data. Same goes for my monitor settings (I need to increase the resolution). I guess I could reinstall, but that seems like a waste of time... Could someone tell me where to find these things and how to change them ?

Thank you - looking forward to the legendary camaraderie of Unix users :)

Pijus