Crond

Hi,

I'm using cron to look for updating headlines on a few sites. I have cron check
for new headlines every 30 min using some perl scripts. I'm not dialed to the
net all that often, so when cron checks for new headlines, and it can't
connect. I get a message in my local mail box. Is there a way to have cron
check for a connection to the net before it executes the perl scripts so if a
connection is not established the perl scripts won't be executed and my mail
box will be be full of messages from crond?

thanks
-Brad

-