X-Server refuses connection

Shame on me!  I asked this question before, and got the
answer, but now the problem has reappeared and I'm
damned if I can find the original solution.

I'm trying to log onto an X-Windows application, but it
fails after I export the display and start the
application, saying the X-Server refused the
connection.  Please tell me how to change Xfree86 so
that it accepts any connection request.

Thanks again (and again...)

Bill "They say the memory is the second thing to go"
Horne

--
Bill Horne
-