Installing POP servers on linux?

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Brian Conway wrote:

> > Install IMAP. It provides the daemons you seek.
>
> And is highly and easily exploitable even on a good day.  Seriously

I was aware of a buffer overflow problem in IMAP, but all my information
(including looking at the CERT advisories) seems to suggest that it has
been fixed since RH 5.2  and for those with older distros there are update
rpms that fix the known vulnerabilities.

--
Derek D. Martin   |  UNIX System Administrator
derek at netria.com  |  dmartin at lancity.com

-