		-----Original Message-----
		From:	pfarrar at learningco.com
[mailto:pfarrar at learningco.com]
		Sent:	Thursday, September 02, 1999 1:12 PM
		To:	discuss at Blu.Org
		Subject:	Re: Script Help

		 << File: cc:Mail note part >>     Wouldn't step 4 return a
harmless error if there was no connection?

		     Couldnt you simply loop on step 4 until it went
through?

		     while(connect(dyndns.org));

		     ?

_________________________________
		Subject: Script Help
		Author:  Raymond Cloutier
<Raymond.Cloutier at infomedtrics.com> at InterNet
		Date:    9/2/99 12:47 PM

		I'm having problems writing a script to kill and restart my
web server.
		I've got most of the pieces in place but I'm missing one
component.

		Frequently my provider disconnects me and here's what I must
do.

		1)  dial my provider and obtain an IP address
		2)  Kill the apache web server,
		3)  Wait for a connection,
		4)  Connect to dyndns.org to update my dynamic dns name/ ip,

		5)  Start the web server.

		I've written and/or found scripts to do all but step 3, and
can seem to find
		a work around other than to have 2 scripts, 1 for steps 1-2,
and another for
		steps 4 & 5, and do step 3 manually (wait)

		Any thought or suggestions on how to pause/wait for a ppp0
connection, then
		resume a script.

		Thanks

		-Ray
		-
		"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" on the first line of
the
		message body to discuss-request at blu.org (Subject line is
ignored).
-