Script Help

I'm having problems writing a script to kill and restart my web server.
I've got most of the pieces in place but I'm missing one component.

Frequently my provider disconnects me and here's what I must do.

1)  dial my provider and obtain an IP address
2)  Kill the apache web server,
3)  Wait for a connection,
4)  Connect to dyndns.org to update my dynamic dns name/ ip,
5)  Start the web server.

I've written and/or found scripts to do all but step 3, and can seem to find
a work around other than to have 2 scripts, 1 for steps 1-2, and another for
steps 4 & 5, and do step 3 manually (wait)

Any thought or suggestions on how to pause/wait for a ppp0 connection, then
resume a script.

Thanks

-Ray
-