Thanks for help on xf86config, now I need help with Samba

I did not have a chance to look at it, but I would strongly suggest you
purchase Tach Yourself Samba in 24 hours. CompUSA discounts it to abiout
$22. I had been having problems with Samba since I loaded SuSE. Read the
first couple of chapters in the book, cleaned up my smb.conf, and it
worked.
On 19-Aug-99 Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:
> Hello,
>       I can't get your smb.conf file, but I'm willing to bey you either
> have encryption on, or you haven't applied the clear text reg hack to you
> 9x, nt box.  I'm going on encryption though.  If your running a 2.0
> series
> samba you can log into port 901 of your machine with a web browser, and
> set yourself up with a samba account, you will need to log into it as
> root.  In here you will see a passwd section - set yourself up from
> there.
> I have just recenlty finished setting around 15 or 20 samba servers, so
> if
> this isn't it - send me a reply, we can figure it out.
>
> Hope thats a help,
> Anthony
>
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Rob Freeman wrote:
>
>> Boston Linux Users,
>>
>> Attached is my smb.conf file.  I can do a Samba logon from Win 98
>> machine as pcguest, but I can't log on as kievsky, which is a regular
>> user I created on my Red Hat machine.  Its' got a home directory and
>> everything.  When I try to log on as kievsky, I immediately get "domain
> is not accessible or password not valid"  But same domain and as pcguest,
> with the password I gave pcguest in linuxconf, and I am on no problem.
> I'm not getting something here about access for regular users.  thanks
> for the help.
>>
>> Rob Freeman
>>

> -

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>