XF86Config file.

Be carefull with the caps. 8=)

- Rahim

rfreez at gte.net on 08/18/99 12:02:53 PM

To:   discuss at blu.org
cc:    (bcc: Rahim Semy/CSI/CSC)
Subject:  XF86Config gives a bunch of errors "Command not found"

Hello Boston Linux users!

I got a computer with a SiS620 video driver, currently listed as unsupported by
Red Hat, and I am using RH 6.0.  On SiS web site, I found a driver for Linux, a
file "XF86_SVGA"  I did as it said, downloaded and gunzipped it to the
/etc/X11/bin directory.  Then the read me said to run XF86Config.  I found this
file under /etc/X11, chmod-ed it to make it executable, and it just parses
through each line of the file and says "command not found."  So I am stuck on
this and it's probably something easy.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Rob Freeman